Friday, May 28, 2010

what a thr33some!

1. Wesak Day
It's Wesak Day today. I had no single idea that it's a BIG day for all Buddhist today. Working abroad, especially when in a Christianity dominant country, can really swipe away many sorts of important calendar days from me. Well, of course I'm nothing to a devoted Buddhist (but hey, I've taken refuge to the Buddha, Dharma and Sangha....and I'm Sunetra)...but I'd still miss those Wesak celebrations way back home. A night before the full moon, many Buddhists would gather at temples and pay homage to the Buddha, listen to Dharma talks, pay respects to all Sangha, and of course have some fun time with fellow Buddhists. There will be lots of lights, flowers, offerings and carnivals on the streets too! Let all sing joys to our great Enlighten One, his Dharma and Sangha...may there be love if not peace among all beings. Sadhu Sadhu Sadhu.

2. I bumped the corner of my left eye to a chair, and my contact lens clashed into 3 pieces in my very eyes. I could have been a pirate from the Caribbean, if unlucky. I rushed to the toilet, and let the running water flooded my whole eye for as long as I could. Gosh, I was worry sick. Now, there's slight bruise at the corner, and I prayed hard that there isn't any single piece of broken contact lens left in my eye. I kept on blinking my eye, hoping the motion would signal me should there are any foreign objects left inside. I think it's ok cos till now, there's no pain nor redness in my eye. Hope it's alright.

3. Some painters and workmen starts their renovation work at HOME today. Dad didn't have to take leave to stay HOME with Mom as today's a public holiday. But I couldn't help but called HOME, mostly because I want to be nosy about how works going on at HOME. Dad says he's getting the plaster ceiling done at the living room, and get new coat of paint all around the house. To get ready to celebrate Bro's wedding in September 2010. The whole project will take a week's time, and after that plumbers will do their job, and after which some wire-men will move in to do new lighting, air-con and visual & sound system. Phew~~~what hassle. All because Mr Ho Jr is getting married. Lucky he got a good wife, if not he'd better be paying for all those expenses...lolx! From the call, I could hear LEO barking, begging to be released. Mom must have leashed him afraid he would do any circus shows in front of those Indo workers. Bet those Indo want to cook him for dinner. Naughty LEO. And I MISS HOME. I really do. Mother Fairy please make my days here in Makati to move faster than 60 minutes per hour, so I can be HOME earlier. And when I'm HOME, please adjust it to be 90 minutes per hour....or slower...ka-ching!

1 comment:

  1. Just saw your blog today. Is your eye okay? Gum loon choon ga....nvm ler, kakak adik. I also hit myself on the forehead at a glass table. I squat down to look for Lun's pen on the floor. Noticed it at the corner and suddenly, bang! Didn't see that blardy transparent glass table. Now my forehead bruised dy. Hahaha....luckily got fringe. Can cover abit.

    ReplyDelete