Monday, May 24, 2010

Shrek ..Forever After..

There...there...Shrek has finally come to an ending episode, where Forever After is told to all audiences, young and old...

I loved this:
Donkey: you...you...are soooo CATastrophe
Puss: and you are so riDONKEYlous
Fiona: You have everything, Shrek. You've got friends, loving wife and beautiful kids. And the only one person whom is not happy, is YOU..!
Shrek: I want to be an Ogre again!!!
Disclaimer: The script above may have been amended unintentionally. I couldn't remember every words the character had said, but it sounded 'something-like-that'.

I understand why Fiona would say such statement. For a girl, whom had led half of her life in a castle and locked away in a tower, there's nothing more contented to have a loving husband, 3 beautiful kids, and once in a while...surrounded by a bunch of weirdo pals. I mean comparing all these to the loneliness and resentment felt in the castle and the tower, which Ogre would not be happy to have met Shrek?

But I can put myself in Shrek's (big foot) shoes. If I used to be an adventurous, feared, grouchy Ogre whom led a care-free life... and all of sudden some other Ogre stepped in and re-defined what 'happiness' is all about -- I'd get the itchiness all around my green body too. Out of responsibility and marriage vows to be happily-ever-after, Shrek (and me) could possibly think what type of Ogre have I turned myself into? And if that is the predefined happiness of yours, then what's mine..? Hell sign any contract to make me an Ogre again for a day; and being myself for a day won't hurt, right?

And so the story told to Shrek; Yes... it would hurt to be an Ogre for a day. It hurts so bad that not only you are getting all those goose bumps, but people around you too. Your wife, your kids, and Donkey, and Puss....and Gingerbread, and stupid 3 pigs, and Pinochio...and so and so...

Look, I believe everything returns to the main element of effective communication.

Fiona the Ogre are not different from any of us typical women too. If you are already in a relationship, let's open up and admit that you are somehow driven to certain predefine happiness and the kind of life you want to have. And when the time and opportunity arrives, you tend to lead your man (now; willingly or unwillingly, let the man have their say) to your predefine relationship. Because, biologically, that's what happiness is all about. And if you are not in a relationship yet, and I'd reckon you are aged between 25-30 years (my blog followers are no kiddies right?). Do you already have certain blurred picture in your mind of what kind of man you'd want, and once you've got it, what kind of life you want to have? If yes, aren't that predefine happiness? Women might protest: But why can't I pursue happiness and do all that's good for my man?!? Yes, that's happiness and that's good, to your own context. But have your man ever tells you what he'd really wanted? what is his happiness? What's good for him?

And that's how the second problem evolves. Hey Shrek, why you had never attempt to tell Fiona you want to be an Ogre for a day...just for day will really satisfy you? Are you sure? Men, they get to be an Ogre for a day, and then they request to be an Ogre every Sundays. After which, they may want to be an Ogre every Sundays, Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Fridays...and while they have all these wild thoughts in his mind, a (smart) Ogre would know it's too difficult to put it verbally. And that's when they prefer to either lie, or keep it to themselves. Risk of lying=a very angry Fiona. Risk of keeping it inside=blasting like an over-stretched balloon. Of which, Shrek chose the latter and had his ass burned off with a dumb contract.

hmm...Fiona(s) and Shrek(s) of the world. Living together is so exciting, isn't it?

No comments:

Post a Comment