Tuesday, May 18, 2010

family trip to HongKong January 2011

Chatted with Superdad via msn today...and all Dad was talking enthusiastically - our family trip to Hong Kong next year. Yea, next year's January and now Dad is already overly excited.

Initial planning of the trip consists of Dad, Mom, Bro, Carol, Carol's Mom and tentatively Carol's lil' bro & his gf. Not confirmed yet about Carol's bro, as youngsters nowadays tend to make last minute decisions...which I still do very often (so, do I sound like young again?!?!?)

Me and Dad talked about glorious food, desserts, and Dad's all-time favorite - suckling pig and roasted goose drumstick! Dad...dad....forever top wai-sek-mao....he'd better exercise more after the trip to burn all those calories away!

And my favorite place - Disneyland, Ocean's park and Big Buddha too! Must visits! Also, never missed out Lan Kwai Fong by then...jammin' and partyin' all da way!

It was such a happy chat with Dad today...mostly because we were talking about happy stuffs! And I just find that it is equally happy, contented and blissful to know that Daddy's long-timed wish will finally be fulfilled soon....

Y'know, I could still remember that I was around 9-ish or 10-ish when Daddy told me "Girl, next time when our family is better-off, we'd all go to Hong Kong to hang lin siu (means pre-CNY shopping spree for families) ok? Daddy promise, all 4 of us will do that one day, and by then Daddy will bring you to the best suckling pig feast yaa...." And after that, I can recall that Daddy repeats to me about this dream every year without fail. He said the same thing again last year, and I finally have the courage to tell him "Daddy let's go to HK next year's January. But not only 4 of us, but 5 of US!!!!.."(inclusive of Carol, my daddy's best daughter-in-law)...

Daddy couldn't be any happier since then....

Why next year and not early this year..? Because Carol is too shy to go for a family trip with us before joining us as part of family LOLX..!! Well, maybe early this year wasn't the best time as both me & bro are busy with our work. Bro just changed to a new company early this year, and it's still difficult for him to get AL. As for me, busy accumulating wealth at Manila. But next year, Bro is finally settled down on career and marriage matters; this HK trip can be counted as their honeymoon too. As for me, I know it's time that I dedicate more time to my SuperDad & SuperMom; knowing they have been 'suffering' since I left home for work. I will scare the hell out of you if I tell you how much my parents missed me all this while...

So, the decision is finally made! January 2011, Hong Kong here we come!

2 comments:

  1. Happy for you. Wish I can go also. Hahaha....don't forget ur kai chai's donald duck ar!

    ReplyDelete
  2. for safety purpose, and serving my short&long term memory loss, please remind me again next year...not that I don't want to remember, but am gettin' old and memory disk ain't working too well tho~ hope u'll understand

    ReplyDelete