Sunday, December 20, 2009

A slow & peaceful Sunday~

Got off-work early again today. There weren't many games on our listing and most of the matches were postponed due to snowy weather at most European countries. Since the workload is not heavy, we are allowed to get off earlier. Most of my colleagues were so excited and their hoo-hahs are leading them to karaoke, pubs or disco. But me, I've decided to stay home and take a good good rest. Well, I've just recovered from food poisoning and I'm feeling rather feverish today. I hope there's nothing serious about the heat, or else I can't really enjoy my planned holidays. I am holding my water bottle now and need to force myself to drink lots (really LOTS) of water to cool down the temperature.

Heard from my friend that this coming Tuesday is Dong-Jie, a Chinese traditional festival celebrated a month before the Lunar New Year. I left a big sigh and think "I'm gonna miss Mom's tong-yuen this year...."

I've always been the most excited one at HOME whenever Dong-Jie arrives. Apparently, I'm the only one that loves to eat tong-yuen that Mom makes. Dad doesn't savor too much of it because it's sweet and Bro is always emotionless and ignorant about this kinda festival thingy. So, every year's Dong-Jie, I would demand Mom to wake me up early morning so I can mold the tong-yuen with her. During the process, despite roundy tong-yuen - you will expect to see bear-shaped tong yuen, moon-shaped tong yuen, and sometimes even Ultraman-faced tong yuen. Of course Mom will complain about this childish behavior, but we both will always finish the task with all smiles and happiness.....

And this year, Mom will have to make tong yuen all by herself.......but I promise, I really promise, we will be doing this together again next year...and all the years afterward.

1 comment:

  1. Happy Dong Jie festival to you. Just got back from Johor. I also didn't manage to celebrate it this year with my family. Was in Johor for work. *Sigh*

    ReplyDelete