Friday, December 18, 2009

from naughty to sickie

yeah! Down with food poisoning today. Been pooing for 5 times in between 8.28am - 9.30am. Having cracked lips and shaky legs on the way to the hospital. Doctor says its quite serious to have poo-ed 5 times in less than an hour; and suggested that I get admitted to the hospital for some IV drops...

I REFUSED!

Now, I'm not going to stay in the hospital. It's too scary. So I told the doctor that I'll monitor myself at home first, and should the diarrhea and vomiting persists even after the medication; then I would go for the the IV drops. So doctor agress and let me home - and issued a 2 days MC.

NOW, it's past 5 hours since my first medicine. I didn't go to the toilet so often now, and I don't feel so nauseous anymore. Great smart decision that I didn't get myself admitted to the scary dark hospital ward.

I THINK the doctors here in Philippines are always over-exaggerated. Well, should I get any regular food poisoning way back @ HOME, I don't think Dr. Hu would immediately send me to the hospital without any close supervision first. Well, of course pooing 5 times in an hour sounds bad, but isn't that the case due to no medication given to me yet? Like now, after the antibiotics + stop vomiting + stop diarrhea + painkillers = less need to poo = I'm getting better. Why do I need to get IV drops when I can take fluids (& medicine) orally?

Like my previous visit for a bad sore throat & fever, they demanded I should get a <1 ml blood test for "just-in-case. Arrgggg????? Blood test for some hay fever caused by a sore throat. GREAT. and the doctor actually wrote "Viral Infection" on my report. I think any good doctors back in KL would just diagnose it as "Body Heat / Too Little Water / Too Much Partying" hahahaha....

Any diagnosis they want to make, it's good that I do feel better after medication. And 2 days MC.

1 comment:

  1. Something wrong with the food that you ate? Remember not to take back the same food. Hope you are better now.

    2 days of MC was indeed very good. But you have to suffer the sickness to get that 2 days of rest. Ish Ish...

    ReplyDelete