Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Leo the insects-buster!

Leo.....

How are you there? Adjusting to the environment yet? .... Here...is much more quieter without you. I thought I am slowly getting used to life without you. I slept early last few nights, hoping I won't feel the loss that much. I even thought, since the morons had apologized, I should feel the hatred off shoulder and gradually accept the fact you are no longer with us. But I didn't do all that. Every night as I reach home from a hard day work, I still stare at the gate. Hoping I would still see you. Or imagine you are still there...wagging...

Our distant neighbour..Dog mama...she is renovating her house and mom thinks the workers sprayed insecticides all over. There were a few dead or half-dead cockroaches laying around our house. You know mom, she freaks out with those cockroaches... I helped to quarantine one laying on the kitchen cabinet yesterday. And just now handpicked another dead one from the floor.

That's the moment I know I haven't learn to forget you, Leo. I could remember so dearly how you loved to chase after flies, mosquitoes, and even cockroaches around the house. You just look damn cute when you are doing that. All these, no one else would understand, because only we know all your little mischievous gestures...Only we know. And I remember every piece of those memories, it feels just like hours ago. You chased flies while we all dine, and laughed at your every movement. You were so adorable, did you know that?

And yes, you made us so proud when you were protecting mom from the rat hiding under the fridge, remember? Mom was freaking out again, she was shouting...Leo,,,,,help me in the kitchen...there's a rat....... And you must have jumped up from your nap,rushed to the kitchen and started barking and shooing the rat away. There and then, you saved the day and made mom proud. You were immediately promoted as the Sergeant at home!! Sergeant of Inbound Security.

I love you. And thanks for staying with us Leo. Thanks for taking care of us all these years, and you are just more than a pet dog. You are our poodle. Our Leo. My Leo. I miss you.....

No comments:

Post a Comment