Monday, January 11, 2010

An antidote for wholesome happiness

Late last night, I reckoned around half hour past 11, I heard someone crying out loud at the living room. Of course it crossed my mind as something eerie, but as I paid more attention, I realized my housemate Nis was crying.

She was already crying around 8-ish but I thought maybe she's just having some hard time at work and wants to releases the tension a little bit. So I ignored and granted her some personal time there. But the sob went more serious the second time. She was practically sobbing hard, gasping for air. And she cried like a little kid lost at a shopping complex looking for her mommy.

I could not keep it to myself anymore. I knew I must go out and see if she needs someone; maybe a shoulder to cry on. Or maybe she's lonely and so stressed up and need someone to talk. So I walked out from my room and she seems to become shy and uncomfortable knowing that I heard her crying. She insisted that she's okay so I made her a cuppa green tea for soothing effect. And of course, I gave her the personal space again....

I have such strong urge to hug her and cry with her at that time. My first thoughts of her sadness is due to loneliness and stress from work here...and I feel the same way too. Maybe I have not really cried so badly, but I do wish I can just cry out loud and releases whatever jamming in my heart.

But I didn't. I just left her with my blessings of good health, happiness and luck....something I know is crucial for her now...

As for me, I too hope that I'm getting an antidote to this soon. An antidote from well-wishers of love, peace and serenity.

1 comment: