Sunday, January 3, 2010

Can we really determine our own destiny?

Believe. Fate is in your own hands!

I saw the above quote in an unknown advertisement. I don't know what's the selling point of the Ad, but it made me shivers a little and wonder; Do I really have fate in my own hands? Well, if yes, then the Ad must be trying to sell some kind of hand wash liquid due to the H1N1 or something....or it could be any mega boomers trying to penetrate into the competitive trade market by using such loud tag-line. How can I be sure that if I believe YOU, then fate will slip into my hands?

I never believe that fate is in my own hands. If fate is tangible, then why can't I be the girl I wanted to be? If I can get hold of fate, then why am I still struggling in this endless rat race, still finding a path that I can walk with ease, and at the same time capture the best love I never had time to have? I'm now turning my both dry due to lack of moisture -HANDS- and all I see are ten crooked fingers with much scars and scratches due to years of work productivity!

"I believe that every decision we make in our daily encounters leads to multiple probabilities of fate in our life" -yennyhofy-

Yeah, I'm making my own quote. But ain't it is true that this vacuum of truth that lies beneath our fate is an equation of every single decision we make in our life?

You wake up in the morning, and you need to decide what to wear for work - which directly determines your fate later. Your boss may praise that you dresses professionally at work, but that bitch that sit at the other corner says you look like a slut (maybe she's jealous that boss praises you instead of her "bitch"). Then when finally lunch hour breaks in, you need to decide if you want that fast but fattening McD, or enjoy a good healthy expensive set lunch at Délifrance. Either decision will lead you to the same fate : you fill your stomach, but what then? You suddenly get 5 pound heavier, or you cure that cancer cell by taking just salads?

Decision Decision Decision ...!

And even you have decided, you are never guaranteed to get the kind of "fate" you have expected it to be. Because other than YOU yourself, there are many external contributions affecting your final result. So, in the end, we are just mere decision-makers living a life we call our very own - but we never really create our own fate at all.

Since I don't really hold my own fate in my own hands, I may as well make decisions I will never regret (or so it seems). Never look back, and if I do - it's just to check if that bitch is still calling me a slut in the office....and decide if I should walk over and give a big slap to her big mouth. Which determines another fate then....

P/S: the "bitch" is not related to any living person whom may know the author, either dead or alive. Ia cuma adalah rekaan semata-mata untuk hiburan para pembaca....sekian.

2 comments:

  1. Knowing you, I already knew that the "bitch" was just an example. Hahaha....

    Well, we can only try our best to create the fate that we want but whether we get it or not, is another issue. Like the job in Steelcase, I read so much, memorize the company's production and profile like I did in my Chemistry, attended a very good interview...but in the end I didn't get the job.

    Reason---->they are freezing recruitment because of the economic downturn.

    So, this tells me that we can only try our best to create the path that we want but it's up to HIM to decide the rest. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. eh? the economy is still down-turning meh...?

    Don't worry ler, I still feel you stand a good chance at steelcase. Once they start recruiting again you'll be on the list. At the same pace, enjoy your job now as you travel to different parts of the world!

    ReplyDelete