Friday, November 27, 2009

My new housemate

Hmm...nothing significant to pen down tonight, but maybe I'm just too used of blogging nowadays. I think I'm getting a nickname as blogger-queen from my colleagues soon - due to my extended interest to write and express myself in words. No wonder my mood always turn bad whenever I can't find the right word to say at times...

Well, a new gal join into my dorm since last Saturday. She's from Thailand, her name is Nis/Tina/Gwendolyn. Now don't query why she's got so many name cos I didn't give her any of those. That's how she introduced herself when I asked what is her name. So I told her in return, my name is Yenny/Foong Yen/Yen/Sor-poh/Sam-pat/Leng-lui. Haha...tung ngor wan yeh?!?!? nyek nyek nyek...

Well, she is a nice girl anyway. Even I do not know her very well, but she is practically nice at first sight. Hopes she will still be nice along the way.

She's working at the 19th Flr as Customer Service Officer. Her work is basically to chat everyday, using our company's Customer Support line. The system is almost 80% alike our MSN chat. Of course I envied her, who doesn't want to sit there the whole day and all you do is just "chatting"? There will be no emotional turbulence, because you won't hear the fussy & angry voice of the customer. You don't see the customer's face at all, so it cut the risk of facing an ugly customer. All you need to do is type "Please calm down, sir. We'll assist you shortly" and after that you don't give a damn if he commits suicide at the other line!...Heaven-made job for every front-liners, I assume?

Other than that, she is also a very good cook. Yes, you have guessed it. She makes very good TomYam-kung and the smell of it already make my slivers splurging like waterfall. I haven't tasted it yet, but the aroma hits me when I came home from work last Sunday. I can't imagine what would I do if I have tasted the food. Hire her as my chef, maybe?

She speaks more English compared to Mandarin, but it's ok for me as I'm comfy with both. She adds an additional opportunity for me to learn another foreign language here (to fulfill my Things-To-Do list). Yeah...next time I can curse in Tagalog, Thai and Bahasa Indonesia whenever I come across with any nasty people in my life....

Gawd, all I ever wanted to do is cursing??!?!?......bad influence....rated 18PL...

1 comment:

  1. You should learn her tom yam kung....hehehe...and her Thai also (for the sake of cursing). Well, getting a new housemate means more friends, so hope you will have a nice time with her around. :)

    I already replied to you in my blog. Check it out!

    ReplyDelete