Sunday, November 22, 2009

2012...

2012....The most heated conversation at Makati recently. You will look like an idiot if you can't join in any chats regarding this topic at the workplace. But being the always unique me (a-hem), I'd prefer to stay quiet and look like an idiot at the same time; rather than joining in such shallow tête-à-tête.

I couldn't bring myself to comment about the earthquake that separates that shopping mall, the volcano that bursts like an over-heated microwave, or the tsunami that killed President Obama. Those are not the main message of the story isn't it? Despite all the natural disasters that were practically over-reacted in the movie, I'd feel that the movie is just telling us not to think so much when the end-of-the-world-day really comes.

C'mon, do you really think you can drive a limo like that crazy guy when New York city is splitting like wrinkles on gransma's face? And do you think a dead old caravan can escape hot lava like batman's sports car? And please tell me how can I find a boob's plastic surgeon to maneuver a 747 out of chaos?

Please don't get me wrong. I'm definitely not taking 2012 for granted. I'd even made a red "x" at my calendar as reminder.

It is never too late to believe that one fine day (not necessarily in 2012), the world will get expired and all she (Mother Nature) need to do is throw a big-big tantrum at all lousy homosapiens; and renew the whole mass nature of earth.

Whether will there be any form of human life after that, who cares? It is not for us to decide. And the idea of e-Ark in the movie didn't amuse me too much. If there's really the Ark, then these same group of people are having another chance to destruct the world again later. I'd prefer a full-renewal process. Who knows, God decides to create a new Adam with boobs and chest hair...? and then create Eve with unlimited wisdom & happiness.. and less problems to be cared for.

Back again... at that point of time, I don't think I have anymore time to get the supernatural acts clicked in. All I'd hope for is the chance to accept the punishment sealed with a last kiss from my parents, and am able to ask for their forgiveness in all naughty things I've ever done. Well, in short - it will be good enough if I can die in the arms of loved ones, rather than dying out of no-where. That's not too much to ask for , right?

And after a blink of eye, I could be re-born into a sexy, curvy, charming female T-Rex and start running around the jungle like a moron. Then, I would look forward that the world is really coming to a fresh beginning again, even after a bad ending....

1 comment:

  1. Hey sis, just watched that movie yesterday. I like your comment on the crazy guy driving the limo when the city splits and so on. That para. I also think that it was a bit fake but at least it has the story line there huh? And most important it has a reminder and meaning there.

    KS told me that he expected the movie to be very scientific. I told him, the movie is to create awareness. If it is too scientific, do you think people will understand and realize the reminder behind the story. Hehehe...

    Btw, I like the idea of a female T-rex running in the jungle like a moron. Hahaha....

    ReplyDelete