Saturday, February 27, 2010

Earth's throwing tantrum again...

Another earthquake happened at Chile this morning. I don't have the writing abilities to professionally record how many life we taken at this natural disaster, and how many other life are still at stake. Just on a short note, things are not good. Very bad.....

I wonder what signs are we receiving actually. I don't know where the hell Chile is, or how far away this country is located. I just know, people died there. Those people...some could be happily chatting with a stranger, or friends giggling at each other, or a mother holding her baby's hands trying to teach her baby's very first step. Or someone could just be halfway blogging, like what I'm doing now.

When things like this happens, I'm sure you will start to plan how many additional hours you aim to spend with someone you love...or making arrangements to do things you never had time to start with, etc etc....to cherish those whom are important to you.

But how does "to cherish" really works?
If I can I wish I could stop the clock from tickling and grab those I love and stay by their sides forever. Does this means I'm cherishing my time with them? Or I wish that this world never need any material things to keep life going, like money. People don't need to work, money is not a matter of survival. Once hungry, food falls from the sky. Once cold, threads forms clothing for the naked ones. In this way, I don't need to do anything else, I don't need to walk a single step away from the people I loved most. Does this means I'm cherishing them? Only by these ways, I can be with my loved ones 24/7.....is that so? Is that the only way I can truly cherish them?

There's a story about a single mother whom had to work tirelessly day and night. She put all her effort in building a steady career just for one single reason. She has a beautiful baby girl, and I believe the baby's her only reason to live on. And to this single mother, to "live on" means having a need to secure a job, for her own future and of her baby's. But one day, as she was on her way to work, an earthquake happens, and the car she was driving plummets into a big big hole. All of her relatives whom survived the earthquake feels pity of that baby girl. Now she's an orphan. If her mother would have CHERISHED her more, the baby girl would not have to face all these trauma alone. Today, the baby girl in the story had grown up to be a successful young diplomat. And deep in her heart, she knew if her Mother had not worked tirelessly to build her education fund, she would be nothing but a homeless orphan. And do you think this girl ever feels that Momma never cherished her at all....?

If halfway writing this blog, and another earthquake hits Makati City and I died on the spot, am I not cherishing those that I love? Should I be blaming myself that I had never make initiatives to spend more time with my loved ones?

I don't think so. I believe if I really die right now, those who really loves me knows I'm trying to do my very best for them. Because without them; there wouldn't be me today.

Those who truly loves me knows I believe in fate. And I believe there's still life after death. I believe if we have fate, karma will bring us together again.

No comments:

Post a Comment