Wednesday, February 17, 2010

a day before I was born.....

Hmmm...wonder what was happening at this moment of year 1982...How was the world before I was born? Yeah, of course not the world as in the whole world; but how was Dad's and Mom's world on the day before I was born? And how much differences have I brought into their lives after my first cry in the labor room?....

So, tomorrow's my birthday. As age catches up, I wouldn't want to celebrate my own birthday (as if counting how many candles are there on that small little tiny cake)...but I want to celebrate Mom's courage and endurance of pain for bringing me into Life. I want to make remembrance every year that my Mom had been an extraordinary person, because she had been a great Mom and loving wife. Well, of course, things turn slightly sour when she starts her nagging :p

And Dad....thanks for taking the time & pleasure to "make" me and passing all your good genes to me. Everyone says I look like Dad, and I'm proud of it. Since Bro already look like Mom, so I find great balanced distribution of genes from my parents. Further, I don't want to look like Mom too much, cos she's not as cute as Daddy. Yeah, I enjoy the label "CUTE" - ugly but adorable.... wahahhahaha

See, after I distract myself with all sorts of thankfulness on my birthday, I almost forgot how old am I now! so, it's proven therapy for all aging women to re-direct all attention to your own parents on your OWN birthday. This way, who cares how many candles are stuck on your birthday cake?

1 comment: