Monday, October 18, 2010

typhoon ... not again!

Typhoon Juan a.k.a. Megi.

The weather have not been kind to me since weekend, and so it's called. I am totally dragged to a gloomy mood too. It's been raining the whole day, and I braved the storms and rain just for a set of McNuggets, fries and coke. I wasn't hungry. Just craved for food.

Expatriates here seems okay with the typhoon thingy, but not me. I am always thinking for the worst that could happen when the wind and gust gets too strong any mankind can comprehend. Of course, natural disasters and calamities happens everywhere. But so not right when it happens to me when I am all alone. Without my family with me, to be precise. If we are stuck together, at least we still have each other and prayers to keep ourselves warm. Not here. Not now. Not right.

I always labeled myself as a rainy person. I love the rain since I was a kid. I could listen to the sound of raindrops falling on whatever, and make a melody out of it. My imagination gone wildest during rainy days, and I am most relaxed then. As I age, I've learned that every beautiful moments don't happen individually. Maybe I loved the rain, or enjoyed the raindrop musical, because I have the right timing, people and place. All elements comes together and forms the magical orchestra. Like now, it's raining like mad cats and wild dogs, but those soothing feelings are no where to be found. Not here. Not now. Not anymore.

Anyway, I just hope that Juan and/or Megi will go away very soon. No more typhoons after this. And it will be the best if I can go to Batangas this weekend.

1 comment:

  1. Hope you can go to the beach and enjoy yourself to the max while you are still there. Hope you will furnish me your 'achievements' when you come back later ok.

    Fully utlize your time there with Bob and please make sure you have lovely memories to bring along back later.

    I know it might sound childish but can I sing you the "Rain Rain, Go Away" song? In hope, so that you will be able to enjoy a nice day out at the beach.

    "Rain rain, go away....come again another day...little yenny wants to play...at the beach"
    Hahaha...silly hor?

    It will be too lame if I told you I did pray for the weather to be good to you, eventhough I silently did of course. Might as well I cheer you up with some kiddy song. And who knows?

    Maybe the kiddy song works...

    ReplyDelete