Wednesday, June 2, 2010

I wonder how HOME looks like now

Daddy says the painting works and the plaster ceiling is almost done today. Tomorrow, the workmen will come to do some final touch-ups and ta-da... a new, brighter, nicer HOME! I think I've never been away from HOME whenever there's a make-over. But this time I missed so much of the transformation process. I even planned to give a new arrangement to my own room prior to Bro's big day, but Daddy says I'd better be HOME and speak to the designer myself when I get my (ass) back later. He knows the fussy me. Well, makes sense...cos I could hardly tell anyone what I have in mind now. Guess my room can't be transformed in time for the celebration day. I will try to make it prior to CNY 2011 though....So that when I'm finally HOME by Jan-2011 all things' new! Including my "nest" ^.^

I want my room to be painted in Lilac, or Lavender. I've always loved this color. Wonder if I'm able to make a good combination out of this favorite color with another soothing color....like Ivory...And I've always loved to have carpet in my room too. Those soft, plush textured and comfy type of carpet. There will be a section in my room covered with carpet where I can laze on it reading a book, or netting, or simply listening to great music. Oh yes, let's add spice by laying some big-hugging pillows on those carpets! And yes, just one more thing to make things complete. A full body length mirror. I don't want it hidden in the wardrobe type cos that's too erm...hideous. I want it to be just accessible, at one corner of my room. But I think this is slightly difficult to have, as Mom never liked to have mirrors in bedroom, due to some beliefs. But I will try to have this as well...

I wish I'm HOME now

2 comments:

  1. Hey...my room is painted in lavender color now but not the dark type. Much lighter but definitely lavender and I love it! If only I have matching furnitures. We painted the entire house ourselves bit by bit last year including the plaster ceiling. Just the internal la. For external we can't do anything yet unless we fix the awning first. Water dripping neh everytime it rains. So, no point to paint the external walls plus too tedious and hot. Will ask contractors. Hahaha...

    You don't have to buy those big carpets geh. Carpets are hard to maintain neh....neh, there is this while sheep-like shape plush rug sell in Ikea which I think will suit your room. You can put huge bean bags instead of pillows on the floor. Thinking of it is already very comfy...*yawn*

    Boy! I'm getting excited too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey..! didn't knw we both liked the same color :)
    i dnt hv a chance to see your new hse make-up yet...wonder if i'll hv a chance by Sept. heard i'll be damn "wanted" and "needed" in Sept to run errands then~~hmmpphhh...hope it won't take all of my time.

    ReplyDelete