Thursday, June 17, 2010

SuperMom n SuperDad

Received a sms from Joyce today. She has always been lack of skills in typing a good sms; she would use all sorts of unimaginable abbreviation that no one gets except her. So as I was trying to digest her text, it somehow make some sense that she's trying to tell me "Try to call mom at home and hp but nobody pick up. Worry. Call dad. Then call home again. Mom scold me"

Huh..?!?!?

Called Joyce immediately to find out what happened. Oh dear~ she was just trying to tell me - "I tried to call Mama at home and handphone. Cos I want to tell her that I have arranged a Father's Day dinner this Sunday. But no one pick the call, and I was worried so I called Papa instead. I tried to call again at home and Mama pick up the call at last. But out of nothing, Mama scolded me for being nosy"

Sigh....

I was relieved that nothing serious/bad had happened. Secondly, I chuckles knowing Mom's temper towards Joyce. For almost half decade had past between them, they are never at peace with each other. Mom always like to pick her faults, and is never patience in listening to her. Whereas Joyce, funnily strikes irritation and never learned a single lesson on best communication method with her sis-in-law. There goes, 2 dearest women in my life.

As I chatted with Dad this evening, Dad also noted on Mom's uncontrollable temper every time any matter arise due to Joyce. Even Joyce's intention is good, but Mom never seem pleased or satisfied...and surely find some tiny-weenie faults in her. Maybe Mom really enjoys doing this. lolx.

Dad even commented that Bro's bad temper and childishness could be developed from Mom's genes. But I told Dad; no...children should never ever blame any shortcomings on their parents. We must be able to control our emotions and if we ever loses temper...blame ourselves. Not our genes.

In fact, I want Mom to know, no matter how age is catching up on her, or how her temper changes due to ageing...I want her to know that I'm so ready to spend the rest of my life with her. And dad too. You have been the coolest Dad for me, and will still be my best friend forever...and ever. I won't give up on both of you no matter anything changes - your look, your temper, your health...you will still be SuperDad and SuperMom!

3 comments: