Friday, October 2, 2009

Typhoon Pepeng 2009

There are news that the typhoon will hit The Philippines again tomorrow or Sunday (local date 3rd / 4th October 2009)...and they even got it a name - Typhoon Pepeng. The previous one that hit Manila was called Typhoon Ondoy. It still irks me why would human give names to typhoons, as if there are so many typhoons to be expected and "they" need an identity....

Of course I'm worried. Everybody is worried it seems. My company had also issued a concern warning to all staffs to be alert and pack enough emergencies kit, just to be on the safe side. Asking around some seniors, they told me it's a norm to get strong winds or typhoons here in Philippines, but this Typhoon Pepeng is also scaring them out a bit. The winds are expected to move in & attack at 210km/h, which is almost equivalent to a racing car's speed. But huge, massive winds we are talking about here; not a single McLaren.

I've just called home and told Dad about it, and re-assured him that I've got the emergency kit ready by my side. The main reason is hoping to calm him and not worry about me too much. To my surprised, Dad sounded more composed than me. He told me that it is now happening everywhere, and there's nothing much better that we can do except taking good care and be attentive. Exactly what I have in mind, too. To take good care and pledge to keep myself from harm. Other, let's put it on God's hands.

Dad says this is a natural disaster and it's not our will to run away from it. I say it is an approaching warning from Mother Nature reminding her children not to piss her off anymore......

Let's all really pray that no innocent lives be taken away this time...

No comments:

Post a Comment