Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Flood @ Manila....Sept 2009

Everyone's concern is directed to the flood at Manila recently. Well, being the lazy me to read the newspaper everyday, I was certainly surprised if the flood was really that bad....

Well, there was a minor flood on last Saturday, 26th September at Makati City. It was just like any regular flood we see in KL whenever the thunderstorms and flash flood happens. So, I thought it was just another "bad" day that day. I was soaked up that day because I had to cross the streets to get to my office. Well, the water is about ankle level, but the factor which was making me wet all over is not the water level. In fact, it was the strong winds that pushes the water streams and splashes all over me.

Received a call from Dad eager to know if I am all well here. And apart from Daddy, a few friends called too, care to know if I was fine. That's when the alarm strikes me and I searched through some news......

The urban areas with poor infrastructures were badly affected. Very badly actually. The water lever rose to waist level and many are made homeless as the rain washed away some wooden house's rooftops too. It was heart wrenching to see the photos actually. Only then I knew why so many people were concerned about me...

~~~~~~

Went out shopping to buy some household groceries with my maid today, at SM Supermarket. There were so many people going out shopping too...but they are all full loaded with instant noodles, rice, biscuits, all types of necessities to be kept in case of emergencies. Gawd, is there a war coming or what..?!!?!?

My nosy maid found out that those people are buying the food supplies to be sent to the flood stricken areas...small children and old citizen are starving but still stuck at their own area with no electricity and clean water.....

~~~~~~

Hmmm.....life's hard yea...just pray hard that all are safe and may God bestow us another chance to love the environment again...hoping Mother Nature will not be angry with us anymore....

Save the Earth, not for ourselves, but for our Children....!

1 comment:

  1. It's pretty serious actually. I mean the flood but luckily Makati town area is not really badly affected. Hope you are fine. Always becareful ok.

    ReplyDelete