Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Mulan...by Disney 1998



I've watched Disney's old cartoon series today -- MULAN.

Well, I've always loved its main theme song ~ Reflection (by Christina Aguilera) and after browsing through a few different channels from the web, I've finally got the full download of this movie.
It was an enjoyable cartoon indeed. I remembered Joyce always brought me to the cinema whenever there's any highlights from Disney cartoons. She was still working as a nurse at Lee Yan Kean Surgery at that time; and I was sure she wasn't earning much. But however, she would still hold my hands and bring me to the clinic in the morning, while I waited patiently for her work to finish at 1pm. I also remember that she would buy me roti canai for brunch, taken with white sugar ( I loved it when I was young...!)...as she finishes her work, we would walk over to the cinema at Petaling Street, hands-in-hands...




That was how I knew Disney cartoons. Since then, as I grow older, I've never watched any Disney cartoons with her. But we both remembered very fondly, how we both use to be Disney's fans and I'm so sure that she makes a great role in my life ~ my one and only Aunt.


Well, there are a few tag lines that I would like to quote from the Mulan. I hope these can be inspiring words to someone at the right time...


Mulan's father cited to Mulan when she was sad:

My…my…what beautiful blossoms we have this year…! Look, this one’s late…but I’ll bet when it blooms, it will be the most beautiful of all….

The Excellency's remark on Mulan: The flower that blooms in adversity is the most rare and beautiful of all...

So, does it sounds good...?



No comments:

Post a Comment