Saturday, April 9, 2011

yenny says Aaaaahhhh....~~~ dental experience

If I stand in front of a full bodied mirror and evaluate from head to toe, I'd say this is the perfecto body my parents have ever made. I've got healthy straight hair, and I don't bother if they need any rebonding now. My face ain't angelic, but all the vital organs are working fine. Of course I'd hope a little slimmer figure (I Love Collar Bones!) and even nearing 30's I'm still in great doubt if my boobs goes well with my waist line =P well oh well.....I am a good person truly. I am much luckier than other less fortunate than me. Sadhu Sadhu Sadhu.....

*Poof* All beautiful descriptions above go haywire when I finally smile. It's not that I have very rotten teeth, but those are the assets I have taken least care of in these years. I had no problem dealing with my gigi susu when I was a kid....cos I dared myself to pull them out once they left hanging on my gums. Tsk tsk...I forgot to give them to the Tooth Fairy, or else I could be a little richer now , ehh?

I hate dentist. Or the dentist's nurse. I even hate the receptionist of the dental clinic. Don't get me wrong, they are nice people, but I just hate the full package of the scariest word in my world -- DENTIST.

I hate to have tooth fillings done. Back in primary school, when the dentists and nurses came for annual check up, I would force daddy to write an Exclusion Letter so that I'd be spare from the check-up. (and the fillings..and the extractions..and the bla bla bla). Later on, when I realy have a bad tooth and needed fillings badly, Daddy would have to bring me to the Indian dentist next to Kajang KFC. There, I would pray to the Elephant God so that it wouldn't be an awful experience. And there wasn't a single tooth filling experience not awful. Dreadful & Horrifying! -- should have spoken to Elephant God in Tamil....

As I enter the world of young adulthood...here come the wisdom tooth. Arrgghhhh....!! I didn't ask for extra teeth, ma! First extraction of lower right wisdom tooth took me into total trance after downing 8 pain killers post surgery. I slept the whole afternoon, and didn't wake up until next morning. The moment I opened my eyes, I couldn't feel my mouth. I thought I left it at the dental clinic. Second (upper right) and third (lower left) extraction was done by a gentler dentist, Dr. Chee. But both teeth were extracted on the same day. This time, 5 pain killers post surgery, and whole 2 weeks of non-solid food diet. I couldn't even open my mouth. All I had was cereal drinks sucked through a pathetic straw. I lost 2.5 kg (hooray?) and swear that I AM NOT REMOVING ANYMORE WISDOM TOOTH!!!!!

Good news - I still have one undying tooth trying to prove it's existence. I don't know when is that doom's day coming.



I just came back from the dentist today. Dr. Chee, a slim gentle dentist that my whole family laid our trusted tougue to her. She is nice. And really gentle too. She helped with the the minor surgery of second w-tooth, and a full blown third major surgery. Of course it was painful, but she did her very best, I know.

This morning, I visited Dr. Chee for the chaos that my "rabbit" teeth are causing me. This pair of front tooth are gloriously cracking from bottom, and it is uneven causing both tooth looks like it rots bottom-up. I was worried sick last night. I imagined the EEeeeeeeeeeeeee sound that metal makes and it went directly triggering my spine. I imagined the fillings and the force to clean the empty spaces of my tooth. I imagined the needles and such prior to extraction. I couldn't sleep.

And all Dr. Chee did was a few pleasing stroke using the eeeeeeee sound utensil, and VOILA my front teeth are in even size! No filling, no needle, no extraction. Dr. Chee even cleaned and polished my teeth without much hassle. Perfectly pain-free experience!!!

Ok, great. I will take care of my teeth from today onwards. I will brush regularly, and avoid sweet stuffs. I will use all the appropriate dental care products. I will make sure that all these craps above are bluffing you. I am still a bad apple towards dental concern. *BLEK*

No comments:

Post a Comment