Thursday, April 21, 2011

Life ... so sudden !

A close friend's father passed away today. It was all so sudden to me. His father had always been OK and leading a healthy lifestyle, I assume. The deceased was a herbalist, and I never heard any complaints from his son (my friend) that he's unwell or not coping. And then he's gone due to lungs infection. RIP, Mr.Loh.

~~~~~~~~~~

It was difficult to digest my mixed feelings at that time. I know life and death is certain. I know that I'm not a close friend to my friend's father too. And therefore, apart from feeling sorry for my friend, there really shouldn't be anything else. Who don't die? It's a matter of time, and why.

Yeahhh..easy to say. Difficult to be realistically positive.

I would imagined what if it's my loved one dying. Like my dad ...or mom..or anyone dear to me. I don't think I'd say thanks to anyone reminding me "Who don't die?" eventhough that is nothing but the truth. Or I can just imagine if I'm the one dying. Letting go may be the worst moment, but once my last breath is taken away...I wouldn't know if I'll ever know anything that happens next.

So, it will be last moment that counts? Or was it the years that I've lived before the last moment is counted? If God asks how has my life been all these years...what should I say?

I'd say...I've been blessed with good parent. I've been blessed with many good things in life, and a fair balance of bad encounters too. I've been blessed to know Buddhism, but I'm ain't saint. I've been blessed with interesting life experiences that I do not want to exchange with anyone else. I've been blessed to be truly humane..bla bla bla...

and then God fall asleep while I keep talking talking talking....yea I'm blessed, cos I'm talkative too!

No comments:

Post a Comment