Monday, March 21, 2011

Quake hits Philippines, no damage expected

An earthquake with an estimated magnitude of 5.7 shook buildings in the Philippine capital on Monday, but was not expected to cause any damage, the head of the government's seismology bureau said. The US Geological Survey said on its website the quake had a magnitude of 5.4 and struck 87 kilometres (54 miles) southwest of Manila at 6.36 pm (1036 GMT).


I will be flying to Manila tomorrow at 1015 local time. Knowing this news, I gave a blank stare. If you think I am afraid to fly tomorrow, not exactly. If you think I feel more eager to be there at Manila just to ensure my loved ones are safe, not perfectly true also.

I don't know what I am thinking, but is feeling sense of losing some humanity hopes. I don't know if this struggle of survival means even anything to us, if the positive aura of Gods are not with us. Should there be anything happening right now and then, what can really be brought along with us? Nothing. The only difference is, if we have lived the day with no regrets after all?

Metta is imporatant to keep the human race alive, but Karma reminds us of true humanity.

No comments:

Post a Comment