Friday, March 11, 2011

Calamity. Catastrophe. Cataclysm - Fear it.

JAPAN, Tokyo -- The magnitude 8.9 offshore quake unleashed a 23-foot tsunami and was followed by more than 50 aftershocks for hours, many of them of more than magnitude 6.0.



I am not talking about typhoons anymore. I am fearing somethinhg that haunted me in year 2004, when a tsunami took hundreds of lives at major cities of Indonesia, Thailand, Malaysia and a few others. This year, it attacked Japan's northern area. I watched a few video clips from different sources, all shown same images of dark waters gushing in mercilessly.

I don't know how many living being made homeless, but still haunts those that are not dead thinking about their loved ones. In year 2004, it was heart breaking when the news broadcasted a long line of wrapped corpse laying on the ground; waiting for families to claim. It was reported that some bodies were badly decomposed in water, and could hardly be recognised. Imagine you are not dead trying to identify someone you loved but confirmed dead. You couldn't find him/her, because most of the cold flesh laying there looks the same. Or there could be no tracebility at all, far from recognizable. Or either way, imagine you are dead. Which imagination seems more humanely "enticing"?

A friend asks, which would I choose? The dead one waiting to be claimed, or claiming a dead one? I said, the dead one. With a tattoo. So increase the chances of them noticing my body, even to the slightest assistance.

And just a short moment ago, daddy and I was watching the video footage of Japan via youtube. And so I asked dad "So, can I get a tattoo of my own name on my back?" He didn't ask me why. He just said "Yes, as long as you are happy".

There's not much use praying God to save humans if we are the one destructing earth with our own bare hands. To turn the karma effect, why not use your hands to do a little more help in saving Earth? Metta to all, Metta to all who have suffered in this tragedy.

No comments:

Post a Comment