Friday, December 10, 2010

I was nebulized !

Bad flu symptoms attacked me two days back, causing lots of sneezing, blocked nose, and steady rise in body temperature. The sneezing was totally not enjoyable. Hated it. I didn't visit the Doc, thinking it's still OK to have common flu thingy. I boosted on my Multi-Vit and full Vitamin C Concentrate to shoo the reddy nose away.

And things got bad to worse. I started coughing so so so badly last night, that I feel my chest tightens, lungs congested, and difficult to breath. I braved to work despite all those calls, and finally raised the white flag by 3PM. I rushed to the Doc, with short breath, chilling hands, shaky legs and watery eyes. Now, do I sound like a drug addict?

When I reached the Doc office, she was terrified. She immediately brought me to the bed section, laid me down the bed, and gave me a Nebulizer. So, I was nebulized. First time ever! Doctor said I had acute respiratory decease, and (she don't quite know why) my brain was just craving for oxygen when I can't breath properly. And I can't breath properly due to cough, and that damn flu. Hey, it's not too serious tho...

After that, the rest are history. I am back in one full piece at home, resting. Still coughing, but certainly not as bad. The Doc gave me the Nebulizer, and told me if I've got the same symptom again at anytime, rush to the nearest hospital. Which means...Makati Medical Center or GrepaLife. And bring the Nebulizer with me!

According to Doc, most hospitals in Makati are not adequately equipped with Nebulizers, and most patients need to wait in queue to use the general machine-operated one at Emergency Unit. For whatever reason, it is always better, and luckier to have a personal nebulizer, just in case.

Well, fine. Here it is, Yenny's Nebulizer:



If I show this to Mom, am sure to freak her out...! Hehehehehe...cheeky *blek*

Infotainment:
In medicine, a nebulizer[1] (spelled nebuliser in British English)[2] is a device used to administer medication in the form of a mist inhaled into the lungs. Nebulizers are commonly used for treatment of cystic fibrosis, asthma, COPD and other respiratory diseases. The common technical principal for all nebulizers is to either use oxygen, compressed air or ultrasonic power, as means to break up medical solutions/suspensions into small aerosol droplets, for direct inhalation from the mouthpiece of the device. The definition of an aerosol is a "mixture of gas and particle", and the best example of a natural occurring aerosol is "mist" (being formed when small vaporized water particles mixed with hot ambient air, are cooled down and condenses into a fine cloud of visible airborne water droplets). When using a nebulizer for inhalation therapy with medicine to be administered directly to the lungs, it is important to note that inhaled aerosol droplets can only penetrate into the narrow branches of the lower airways, if they have a small diameter of 1-5 micrometers.

2 comments:

  1. How are you now? Hope you get better already? Sounds like Lunz saje? He also needs the nebulizer once in awhile but it's easier to get here rather than in Makati. As you mentioned before, the docs there are really terrible, so better to have your own, just in case.

    Get well soon sis. Lots of water please. I know you hate drinking water but it really helps.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would think by now they would be so used to it, they would not mind it so bad. I talked to someone yesterday and their kids had gone through a similar thing. They were big enough now that they were asking for them. Hopefully they won't have to be on that long.
    Click Here

    ReplyDelete