Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Dunno what to do?? ask Google !!

At approx. 40 minutes or so, I was dumbfounded. I didn't know what to do, and I panicked.

I man-handled a small tube of Super Glue in order to fix a pair of my favorite shoe. Well, the inner sole of my favorite pair came off a little, and I really liked this shoe. Not that I can't buy another one (I'd always do) but there are certain things money can't buy. Fondness. Comfy. Style. Just love it.

So, I genius-ly tried to glue the inner sole, when the disaster happened. That damn tube was ironically leaking, and those slimy glue got on my hands. As the name calls it, it's Super Glue, it sticks superbly, and dries super fucking fast!

I was like OMGosh....what am I gonna do? I tried to peel it away, it hurts me. My skin is peeling off when I tried too harshly. I washed it with soap...well, knew it won't help. Thinking I may get some glue removal, but hell I am not going out this late.

And a glimpse of some glittering object caught my attention -- my ASUS eePC...and INTERNET!!! Do you see the bright golden ring appearing on top of my NetBook now??

Googled -- How to get Super Glue off your skin.

TA-DA...! www.e-how.com !!


Instructions


1. Wash the glue off of your hands using hot water if the glue has not dried yet. Wet glue, of all types, should wash off relatively easily. Rub your hands together under the hot running water.
2. Rub your hands together to roll the glue into balls and get it off of your hands if the glue has already dried.
3. Peel the glue off in strips. Work your finger nail under the edge of the glue and gently lift and peel. Be careful not to peel your skin off with the glue.
4. Soak your hands in hot water for 5 minutes if the glue is being stubborn and is hard to remove.
5. Coat the area with Vaseline, after soaking, and let it sit for a few minutes before washing off the residue. This should remove the majority of the glue.
6. Wet the remains of the glue with nail polish remover that contains acetone. After saturating it with nail polish remover, try rubbing or peeling it off. Acetone does a good job of removing glue from skin, even stubborn glues such as Super Glue.

I am laughing hysterically now. At one moment, I was chickening out, didn't know what to do. And now, I feel like a super hero. Like a kid doing extremely well in handicrafts, waiting for daddy mommy encouraging kiss.

It makes me think of an occasion, when Chu was asking me what is that steel-like rack used to hang clothes. I said, portable wardrobe. Her eyes sparkled, and told me she will get herself one, cos her current wardrobe can't fit all her princess clothes. And I frowned and asked if she could manage to set it up all by herself. Of which, she replied "When you have Google, who needs a boyfriend?"

I am STILL laughing to myself now.....

What a great nite!

1 comment:

  1. Yeah....Google is really a good friend. Well, rmb the post in my blog about the stairs and washing machine. KS learnt how to fix them from Google as well. You named it, Google has it!

    ReplyDelete