Friday, December 31, 2010

how 2010 ends...

I slept like a baby last night. The day was tiring with lots of choosing, trying on, paying a.k.a shopping. And when I finally settle down at home, had really good laugh watching 公主嫁到. But this is not the main element in how I ended 2010....if it is I'd kill myself with boredom.

I can finally say that I have spent a full 12 months at Manila, The Philippines in year 2010. Apart from traveling home for those special occasion, it was a memorable and jovial experience here. Like dad said the other day, I've got my second Xmas celebration here, and he asked me how was it like. Were there lots of lighting and singing by the locals here? Were there nice deco at the main malls, like KL? Well, I told him, No dad...it's the same. It's same ol' boring. On the other hand, a friend tagged me a message at FB, asking when I would bring my ass back to celebrate the festive seasons with them. I told him vaguely, that celebrations are only meant for happiness on the surface only. True celebrations is when nothing is happening, and yet you still feel like celebrating. That's happiness. That's contentment.

I've learned in 2010 that I don't want to test my own limits anymore. I've truly understand the art of simple living, when I don't need to ask myself what have I achieved. A year all alone at Makati, with all the struggle to survive...and so many encounters of near depression - I thought I didn't achieve anything. Because I have measured achievement with some tangible objects. I didn't earn lots of wealth. I didn't get myself a big house or a posh car. All I got are experience - about LIFE... and these experience...are not exchangeable with cash. Money can't buy.

Money can't buy love. Time can't buy memories.

There will be more to cherish and nourish in year 2011. Believe. Magical moments do happen to ordinary people.

No comments:

Post a Comment