Monday, July 19, 2010

Mom's memoire



This picture was taken way back in CNY 2007. Mom was mesmerized by the arrangement of the paper mannequin, as it fully reflects one of Grandpa's photo which he took when he was in younger days.

Grandpa was a teacher. Not just any ordinary teacher, Mom said; because he was most well known for his calligraphy at that time. He wrote many great characters, and once, a Minister took his calligraphy as a gift. As I was told.

I didn't have a chance to witness Grandpa in his limelight years of Chinese calligraphy. But this picture I posted, the background of which Mom stood...really reminds me of a picture I saw when I was a little kid. It was a black & white picture, Ah Kung was wearing a simple white tee, holding up a 毛笔(máo bǐ). His head down, writing something on a big piece of paper in the photo. He too, had a very big calligraphy with the word 神 (Shén) hanging on the wall. Oh yea, Grandpa was still wearing his favorite black thick rimmed spectacle in the picture....

So this is great. Two stories told in just one picture.

I wonder, if that day would come; what are the things that will make me remember SuperMom & SuperDad too? What are the simplest thing that would be engraved in my memories, and just like how Mom remembered Grandpa too?

Buddha, you knew I would be the luckiest kid, didn't you?

No comments:

Post a Comment