Saturday, August 8, 2009

I'm new at Makati...!

The weather @ Makati

The sun rises much earlier compared to KL. The sun shines by 6.20a.m every morning and it feels like afternoon sun by 10a.m. No doubt, it becomes dark by 6.30p.m and that is the main reason I’m so homely currently. I still don’t think it is a very brilliant idea to roam the unknown streets when I’m on stranger’s land.
Coming towards the end of the year, weather in PHP will be cloudy and very windy. The locals call it the “wet” season. Very true; this whole week is soggy with rain past 8.00p.m. My senior even noted that the weather will be worst coming end of August. The wind will be so strong that an umbrella will fly off if you are not holding it tight. Not to be surprised, PHP is an island next to Malaysia anyway. Strong winds and rain in August till October is in our Geography syllabus, right? I’m curious if it is really that serious…

The food @ Makati

Didn’t have the chance to try local PHP foods yet, but hope that our maid will cook it for us one day rather than struggling to cook us (tasteless) Chinese cuisine…hehe…
It is very convenient for me to hunt for food at the place I’m staying now. Well it’s only about 5 minutes’ walk to the nearest restaurants – McDonalds, KFC, Shakey’s Pizza, Starbucks, Chinese Restaurant, and Western Restaurant - not to forget 7-Eleven and MiniMart is just opposite the apartment!

Security Guards @ Makati

Believe it or not, there are more Security Guards to be seen patrolling on Makati Street compared to policemen. Almost every shops / restaurants / office premises hired enough security guards to ensure people entering the place do not carry illegal stuffs i.e. guns, AK47, bombs……..
Well, brush aside the skeptical reasons of those guard’s inspections. It does really feel safe to walk on streets here in Makati as long as it is still early. The locals will only wander around streets pass 10p.m and will be shooed by the security guards by 1a.m. So, the principle here is never walk on streets alone when it is too late. I’m thankful this probability does not apply to me as my office is just opposite my apartment...

Swimming @ Makati

Again to my surprise, there’s a swimming pool at the highest floor of my apartment, 37th floor. I couldn’t wait to swim once I knew about it so I rushed to the nearest mall to get myself a swimsuit. Luck was on my side, I got a good deal of swimsuit for sale – Peso175 which is equivalent to RM17.50…..sexy V-neck bikini, no joke!
So I had my first swim at Makati today. It feels great, swimming on top of a building. Strong winds blowing with mild sunshine….ahhh it was so holiday-like! I wish I can do this at least ever week….

1 comment:

  1. Wei...good la! Got swimming pool. Like your own condo. Never thought the place would be that good. But, I'm glad it's good then. :)

    ReplyDelete