Thursday, March 7, 2013

those things without price tags

Today is the day. Like 20-ish years back, I anxiously waited for Daddy's car to arrive the school gate. And while waiting, I'd brag to my school bus friends that my Daddy is coming to pick me up, and then he will bring me to french fries lunch, and then walk at the mall, and then ice cream and then this and then that.

Not Daddy waiting for me at the gate today. I dated my father for lunch. And by that, means I care shit about unanswered calls on my desk, gawd damn endless meetings and couldn't care less about work at all.
I am having lunch with Daddy.

It feels extremely wholesomely good to leave my work, and back to family bonding. I really should do more of these. Bonding is such an under rated word in my blog. I must use it more often. Isn't this the only way to a successful relationship?

I am still over excited about lunching with Daddy. I am still very very contented. I am also very blessed.

P/s: as I talked about waiting for daddy at school gate, it tweeted me about having someone waiting for me after work at the front or back foyer everyday. Of which, I am equally thankful for, and loving every moment of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment