Friday, January 18, 2013

Tiresomely sober

I am totally baffled by the demanding speed of tasks reaching my territory this week. No, I am certainly not complaining (yet). In fact, the more work I have denotes how fast time ticks away. Yesterday, I was amused of how my 12 hours at work just zoomed off as if it was only 1 hour 20 minutes ago?

This stuffs I love about my job is… there isn’t much paperwork to do. I don’t do lots of m.words typing nor do I spend a lot of formularization at m.excel. Since my promotion early last year, I don’t lay my hands on preparing amusing animations at m.powerpoint too. So, what do I really do at work? As if, nothing right?

Yes, let me complain a little (now). I just need to exhale all my frustrations before my handsome (*yerrrr handsome??) tai-kor reaches my territory in a while.

I monitor backup server performances when the real production servers are either under scheduled maintenance, downtime, error, sick, menopause or what hell they are not working. Okay I am freezing with the thought of hanging in the big big fridge. I feel like a corpse.

I liaise with the most moronic morons that could possibly appear in a workplace, i.e. compliance, internal audit, risk, emergency wardens, general admin, company secretaries, and secretaries …scary secretaries. Uuurgghh… and they know hell about business continuity. Some smartass once told me; business continuity is when I get my payroll on time every month, regardless if the company is dying or not. Makes sense and very much humanized thinking, but……problems arise when people ignore the importance of looking things in a bigger perspective.

And when there are no other problems, my territorial problem comes in. My lady boss thinks I should polish my department’s administrative efficiency. My handsome (*hics) boss always wants me to strategize ahead because the essence of operations risk management and bcm is to look way forward, way way way forward than those moronic morons. I rest my case. Things I still need to do because I still need the job. Rat race, Bull shit.

Yesterday, he made me do crisis communication for Jakarta state of emergency. I loved the urgency and seriousness in ensuring our abang and adik are safe at Indon. But when I finally reach home I was blank. I couldn’t find my brain, I lost my stomach and I couldn’t feel my lips. I need some pampering. Anybody hears me?!?!?

Yes, you Sir. Better be giving me that beautiful ‘surprise’ you said you will. Yes, I reckon that gift should start with alphabet ‘B’. If not, I will not help you to help the new boss during your transition to Munich, bleh bleh bleh *devilish

If I have a choice, I don’t want all this crap. But craps are usually the enabler of many other things. This is merely an outward expression. I need to bring things out, and I am glad I can at least do it at my own blog. I don’t want to become a blowfish.

No comments:

Post a Comment