Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Almost a love story, LRT

Everyone tries to make a living, in the morning especially. Me too, bouncing through the hustle of city dawn, and squeezed myself way in the LRT this morning. Nothing extraordinary, the LRT is as packed as ever. I didn't grab any chances to get a seat, cos I prefer standing. I'd wonder if I burn calories while standing.

In front of me, seated a chinese lady in her...uhmm...50's late, maybe.Regular Auntie clad in tee and shorts, she looked as if just finishing her pasar rendezvous. She held tight her LRT ticket, and positioning herself ready to dis-embark at next station. I made some gaps for her easy through, but come next station...and next station..and next...she didn't leave. But she got all the package, the seated position, the hold of all her belongings and her expression everytime the LRT stops. I got more impatience than her! Auntie, so kan cheong meh?!? Come Hang Tuah station, she finally stood up before the train could brake. As the train slowed down coming to a complete halt, I saw an Uncle waiting anxiously outside the station. Outside means really outside, where he waited behind the LRT walls peeping through the gaps. You should take a closer look at his face. 100000000th times more kan cheong than the Auntie arr.

My intuition tells me that He is waiting for Her. And it is so sweet by just imagining that. I choose to believe that he is her husband. She is out to the pasar early in the morning buying fresh veges to make a nice dinner for the family. He greets her at the station, maybe to help her with the things or for security purpose, or he simply just want to walk home with her.

My morning started with so much love, like watching a fairytale. I didn't care to kay-poh till the end, or make any scientific prove if that Uncle is really waiting for the Auntie. I just find it a blessing by just believing something good, heart warming.

I know, if I don't believe in small miracles, there'd be no more rainbows in my life. Small things count....everyday. Remember. I wish I could.

No comments:

Post a Comment