Thursday, February 24, 2011

Au revoir Manila

Friends are reminding me that I will be leaving Manila at anytime soon now. I started with a countdown of how many days left to spend here, but gave up as time was running even faster than my counting down.

They kept me occupied with outings and crazy events so that I would still spare some space in my memory for Makati, Metro Manila. Gosh, do I really look so disgusted with this place after all? Not really. If I need to rejoice, there are certainly thumbs-up points that I can never resist coming back to Makati again....

1. The weather
I really really do love the weather here. Exceptional for typhoons. But on any regular days and nights, the weather have been very kind to my liking. I especially love it at night. I mean, very late at night. It is always windy at night, and the breeze is so comfortable you'd feel like falling asleep right there at the middle of the road. And by the day, the sun is never too fierce to people here. No matter how sunny it might be, there will surely be gentle breeze brushing on your skin. Comparing to KL...my temperature will be gushing like the blazing hot dry weather everyday!

2. Taxi services
It is such a norm for people to commute by a taxi here at Makati. Even though some taxi drivers will get greedy and ask for extra tipping, but they surely are far better disciplined that those morons we have back in KL. And I'm always beaming with a big smile whenever I can get a Vios, City or Avanza taxi. I'm paying for the same metered system, and of course I want a better car! :)

3. Strictly no driving
I am enjoying not driving at all. And in conjunction to that, no traffic jam. I don't need to face every dilemma of getting stuck in a snake-like car marathon. Here, a busy day starts with a cuppa coffee and delicious brunch and then head straight to work with my very own legs.

4. User-friendly walkway & tunnels
During my CNY break at home, I tried to walk back from Klinik T&C en route Taman Jaya. I'm used to walking at Makati, and I don't want to hassle daddy to come out again to pick me up. It was such an ugly stroll. Malaysian drivers were born to think walkers are too poor to own a car, so they can proudly sway their damn cars within inches from my body. Here at Makati, it is such pleasure to walk around the city. Cars make their stop when they see human at the zebra crossing. Tunnels are well lit and it is never scary even at night. And low crime rate. I can even spot an ATM machine at the subway here, not risking any brainless chap trying to bomb the damn thing off.

5. Freedom
I can practically do anything at anytime I want at Makati. I don't need to answer to any busybody queries on the "why"s and "how"s. Friends here do not and never compare their riches or rags with me. Because there is nothing much to compare, we briefly know what we are earning.

Life's full with uncertainties. If this is the oommpphhh that makes life interesting, I take the call.

No comments:

Post a Comment