Tuesday, August 10, 2010

roof top, Easton Place

As I finished dinner with Vivian, time was still too early to get our bums back to office. So I suggested that we both can hang out at Easton's roof top. Well, get a good grasp of fresh air, or just simply procrastinate whatever hell we were doing in office today.

It's been almost 6 months since I stepped on Easton's 37th Floor. It used to be a solemn place for me to think, talk and cry.

I told Vivian; I used to sit up there all alone. I used to enjoy the strong breeze there and think about so many things about myself. I would think what are the things that I could possibly done if I'm still in Malaysia. I would think if I could fall in love with Makati. I would think if there will be one fine day when I'm back home for good, and how would I contemplate that later. I would think what sort of stage have my life gone through...and should I be singing praises to it?

And then I would do all the talking. To myself. I would say stuffs like, Buddha I want you to keep an eye (or both) on my parents. Bless them with happiness and pinky health while I am away. And I would also say; what are the silliest things I have done in my life, and ask myself if I ever regretted any of it. And I would also sometimes count on how many decisions I have made in life that made me proud. And what are those wrong turns I have taken that made me a little lesser than a full person I should be today...

And then the crying comes. I don't necessarily cry for guiltiness. Sometimes there are tears of joy, and sometimes, just out of some weird loneliness. Sometimes I'd be crying for nothing too, just to relieve some of those bad aura I absorbed throughout the day. I cry, because I am.

And just when I was wrapping up my stories, I saw a plane took off from NAIA. Yea, I can see lots of planes taking off and landing in far away from Easton. That's why I used to be here all the time. So that, by looking at those planes...I can count on days for me to be home draws nearer....and nearer....

1 comment: