Thursday, April 23, 2009

"The Moon"

When I was a little girl
I thought about the moon
I wondered whether it was a bird
or the sun that came out too soon

I thought about some other things
Like what I'd like to be
I wondered why the bird in the tree sings
and whether I could be he

I imagined myself to be in many places
At different time with different faces
Sometimes I was as confused as can be
because I didn't know which one was me!

Then, I grew up and realized
this was just a game
That if I often fantasized
I would have no aim

I thought about the moon once more
This time an older girl
I knew what it was there for
No, it wasn't at all a bird

I realized the moon came out at night
To give us all some light
It had a time, a place, an aim
And it was there to stay
Until the sun came out again
and it was another day!

~ by little Tan Lee Quin

No comments:

Post a Comment