Saturday, September 15, 2012

Two steps back, One step forward

Mom's 58th birthday on 20120913. I have instructed all Ho members to be available on 14th, and I got a vegetarian green tea tiramisu for her. Mission was to surprise her at sifu's place after her Friday puja. All were ready to be in action. Except me. I had work last minute and couldn't make it on time.

So I know a lil bitsy about technologies. I made a sound record singing Happy Birthday song and some act cute wishes for her. I have delegated Joyce Ho to play the voice clip. I bet mom was happy, and the rest finds it entertaining. I am very satisfied with my backup plan. And I think I sound good in voice records.

I don't hate my family actually. Despite several rows and refute I had in my earlier blogs, I really sounded like unfilial crap didn't I?

No. I love my parents. I just don't enjoy my living style evolving around them anymore. Maybe I have out-grown myself, or two years of makati independence had molded me into who I am now.

Like this sort of birthday arrangement, even without my presence; there was so much love in a simple way. Of course I want to be there if I didn't need to work, but the contrary didn't turn out disastrous, wasn't it? I imagined, if I am not living under same roof, any ad-hoc togetherness can be even more heart warming!

Wanting to move out is not leaving them alone. I am leaving myself alone, because I know how much of a jackass I can be sometimes. I hope a simple retreat can prepare more space to build a loving base. I am not leaving you, dad mom. I am just away for moments of self contemplation, so we can truly enjoy the companionship that come along the way. We are not lovers or husband-wife. No children will divorce their parents.

There is no ending to our relationship, because no matter where I am, your true flesh and blood follows in me. Your blessings are my best encouragement.

1 comment:

  1. no post recently?how are you?keeping all to yourself?

    ReplyDelete